Primum non nocere - suum cuique

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Some watercolor.

I've finally buckled down and started working on some long over due wedding presents for people I owe them too and a couple for some up coming. Here's the first one I've finished.

Here we have the sketch and start to the painting.  I had two odd ball frames measuring 8x24 so I thought what better way to kill two birds with one stone than to paint one picture and make two out of it.  The sheet measures 24x16, but I didn't realize till after I finished and framed that the full measurement of the paper is to the end of the sheet including the perforations at the top.

  I was inspired by some art I had seen at a friends house and thought I might try my own take on sockeye spawning in the river.

Here we have the first layer of the fish and starting on the water.

A little bit more water and the rocks.

I forgot to get a picture of the finished sheet before I cut it up. But here is the preframed result.

And here we have the finished product.  Not too shabby. Now just two more to go and I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment